Tuesday 15 March 2011

DOUBLE-PAGE SPREAD RESEARCH

I love the layout of this double-page spread because it is very clear to read and the colours are very consecutive. I don't like how boxy the page is, however, for it is set out in a very certain way.
This double page spread to the right is one of my favourites in my research. I love the way the title is set out, for it is in accorance with the picture because of the model's dark hair. I also like how there a hints of red in and around the text, clearly linking the picture to the text.,
Like the first one, this page is quite boxy. However, I do like how this double page spread uses the picture in accorance with the title, like the one before. The title is very eye-catching and when I create my double-page spread, I hope to be able to do the same thing. On this one and the one before, they both share the feature of having the first letter of the text as a capital. I love this idea, for it signals the start of the text and also makes it more interesting.
This last double-page spread that I looked at is much more rocky than the other three. I love how this double-page spread is set out, with the black and white pictures, the column on the right breaks up the text a bit and the title is extremely eye-catching. By making 'THE BEST MCR' in white a bigger than the rest of the title, it inrigues the reader to read on to the actual text. The colours are all consecutive, which is what I will aim for also.
Elaborating on the Kerrang double-page spread from before, I have cut out the pictures from the bottom because I love the effect. The article is about My Chemical Romance recording their new album and these pictures definitely show that. When I create my double-page spread I plan to use at least four pictures like this magazine has to enhance the interest of my reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment