Monday 10 January 2011

Music Magazine Contents page research

This contents page for kerrang, in my opinion is quite effective. It is obviously packed with information, complete with photographs of the bands being mentioned. Also, there is an evident colour scheme of yellow which runs throughout the contents page. The is also an evident if slightly off centre example of having the contents page in thirds. I really like this layout.











This magazine for Q is quite like that of kerrang, but it is no where near as busy. I think the other contents is more effective as it tells us more about what is happening in the magazine. Like the other one, there is an obvious continuing colour, but this magazine uses red, not yellow. I do not believe this contents is striking enough compared to the other one. It does not make me excited to read it, which is what a contents page should do.










This contents page is on of the best in my opinion. Any paramore fan would know that 'riot' is the name of their second album. Already, this appeals to Paramore's fans. If I am right in thinking, this edition of this magazine is entirely dedicated to paramore. The layout is not too messy, it is clear to read and there is an obvious connection of red again. The labels claiming what else is to come in the magazine gives the reader more of an idea of what is to come and also making them want to read on. I'd like to use something catchy like the 'its a riot' on this contents page for my own contents page.

 This contents page follows the same sort of allignment as the other two like this. I like the big, bold 'THIS WEEK' at the top of the page and plan to use this kind of thing in my contents page. I also really like the side menu on the right of the page. It's clear and informative but also catches your eye. These two examples below are examples of different side menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment